They are still around in large numbers and for variety of uses, and businesses still put their ads out in this format, but we know that the days of the Yellow Pages are numbered—the bulky, physical one, that is. If you want to look up the contact numbers of a certain company, this very minute, you do not go flipping through the pages of a telephone directory—it might not even be there yet—you search for it via the internet. This is what many businesses these days do. They believe that it is now time to digitize company information, and this brings us to the topic at hand: the Canadian companies directory.
Advantages of Canadian Companies Directory
Unlike with the traditional phone book, an online directory for Canadian companies not only provides telephone numbers and addresses, but it also enables businesses to increase their client base through enhanced marketing opportunities. It is not just there for contact purposes, but also to provide links to a company’s website. Most of the recent developments in this medium now include a geographical map of the location for those with physical addresses in Canada. There is also this one Canadian companies directory that allows the previous clients of a company to rate and review its products and services.
Free Vs Paid Online Directory
There are currently two types of Canadian companies directory: the free and the paid version. Obviously, the difference between the two is mainly due to the financial responsibility that a business owner shoulders for its use. However, there are other things to consider when comparing the two such as the accessible features and other privileges. For example, in some free directories, you can only post your business’ contact information and nothing more, whilst a paid sign-up entitles you to access the advertising and lead generation tools to boost your online presence.
A free Canadian companies directory is generally recommended for those businesses that are just starting up, as well as those companies that already have a wide following offline. Once the business picks up pace, you can opt to get to the premium account to further improve the marketing of your products and services.
Tips on Proper Use of Canadian Companies Directory
In order to make the most out of the online business directory, here are some tips that you should consider:
- Make your contact details consistent in all of the directories you have signed up with. This is to ensure that your prospects can get in touch with you as soon as they find out about your company and begin to verify your business’ existence.
- Make sure that your phone numbers, email address, and office location are up-to-date and working.
- Use relevant keywords when signing up your company. This way, your directory page can be easily accessed by online visitors. Take note of the usual words that best describe your company.
Top 3 Free Online Directories
Within the span of five years, here are the top performing online business directories in Canada that you should definitely check out:
- Google – This search engine tops the online business directory rankings due to its efficient listings that immediately get a lot of views. Once listed, your business will also appear in Google Maps. Sign up is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Bing Canada – It is like this: “If you’re not on Google, then you’re probably on Bing”. Second to the top, Bing enables you to upload photos and videos of your company.
- 5in – In this online Canadian companies directory, you can communicate with individuals who have “checked-in” in your company or have used your products and services.